One good thing that happen to us this pandemic is that we were able to try new and fun activities at home, and one of them is baking.
To start of our baking journey, we tried one of our favorite and easy to prepare pastry- Chocolate Crinkles.
The recipe that we will share to you is inspired by Chef RV Manabat’s Chocolate Crinkles
We divide the ingredients in three (3) sets – wet, dry and coating ingredients. The tools required for this recipe are the usual tools that you use when baking like spatula, mixing bowl, whisk and oven.
This recipe is easy to prepare and does not require the dough to rest for hours or even overnight.
1 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
7 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
1/4 cup melted chocolate
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Confectionery or powdered sugar
Ice Cream or Cookie Scoop
Parchment or baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Put Set A ingredients in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix Set A ingredients using a whisk until smooth or you can’t hear the sugar granules while mixing.
4. Add Set B ingredients on the mixture.
5. Mix the ingredients using a spatula until fully incorporated or a dough forms. Do not over mix.
6. Fill the cookie or ice cream scoop with dough. Scrape the excess off and place the dough on white sugar for coating.
7. Coat the dough with white sugar followed by the confectionery or powdered sugar.
8. Put the coated dough on parchment lined baking sheet and lightly press each dough to flatten.
9. Once the oven is ready, place the dough and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the crinkles are firm.
10. Place the crinkle on the cooling rack, let it cool for several minutes and get ready to much your chocolate crinkles.
This Chocolate Crinkles Recipe will give you a crunchy on the outside, thanks to the melted white sugar that not just bind the dough and the powdered sugar but also gave an interesting add on to the usual crinkles that we used to munch, and a gooey on the inside crinkles.