Its officially dry season in the Philippines and this calls for Ice Cream!!!
|No-Churn Coffee Crumble Ice Cream|
Since almost all of us are at home, love coffee and can’t get over Dalgona Coffee Challenge, it is the best time to experiment in the kitchen and give our loved ones homemade coffee based ice cream such as coffee crumble.
Recently we tried making one and here’s the recipe that we came up with:
No-Churn Coffee Crumble Ice Cream
INGREDIENTS ( Good for 1 liter)
1. Combine sugar, coffee and hot water in a mixing bowl.
2. Beat the three ingredients using either mixer (stand or hand) or latte fother until it change to golden-brown fluffy froth with a soft peak.
|Mix the ingredients,|
|until it change to a golden-brown fluffy froth|
|with soft peak.|
3. Fold the fluffy froth and condensed milk. Set aside the mixture.
|Coffee froth and condensed milk mixture.|
4. In a mixing bowl, whip or hand mix the whip cream until you achieve a soft peak.
|We used plant-based whip cream on this recipe.|
5. Add vanilla extract and mix for another 1 minute.
6. Add the froth mixture and continue to mix until you reach the ribbon stage or until a ribbon forms.
|Add the froth and whip cream,|
|Beat until the mixture can form a ribbon.|
7. Fold the chocolate chips and cashew nuts into the mixture.
|You may add melted milk chocolate instead of chocolate chips.|
8. Put the ice cream on the container and top it up with grated milk chocolate
|Put the ice cream on a container,|
|Top it up with either grated milk chocolate or cashew nuts|
9. Freeze for atleast 12 hours before serving.
|To achieve the same texture, make sure to freeze the ice cream atleast 12 hours.|
Our version of coffee crumble has almost the same consistency of an ice cream but melts quickly than the former. It has the strong aroma and flavor of coffee, creamy and a bit sweet.
|Serve with grated chocolate.|
On the other hand, for Coffee Crumble Float you just need 5 ingredients – 1 sachet instant coffee, 1 tablespoon hot water, cold water, ice and coffee crumble ice cream.
|Coffee Crumble Float|
Mix thoroughly the instant coffee and hot water. Then add cold water and ice. Mix the concoction again. Add ice and finish Coffee Crumble Float by adding 3 to 4 scoops of your coffee crumble ice cream.
|If you love the strong and rich flavors of coffee, you may consume the float as it is but if you are into creamy and foamy coffee, stir the float thoroughly.|
Coffee Crumble Float will surely satisfy your coffee cravings and will quench your thirst during this season.